About Me

My photo
Diagnosed at 39 with Stage IV IDC breast cancer, grade 2, metastatic to the liver, and ER/PR+ and Her2-negative.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Still Waters

You know what they say. Still waters run deep. Right now I haven't been updating the blog because, well, I've been updating the blog. I have over twenty entries queued up to be published, one per day, throughout the month of October. I'm not done. I want to have one post for every day. I have a couple incoming guest posts (hopefully) and at least one interview with someone at METAvivor, hopefully two. (I haven't heard back from one of the ladies I've asked yet)

I also started a Facebook page specifically for this blog, for a few reasons. One, so people don't have to friend me (and vice versa) just to be notified when I update, and two, so I don't end up spamming my wall with posts, especially in October when I'll be sharing one post a day. You can find and like it at Metathriving on Facebook.

Things are falling into place for the wedding, along with an upcoming interview with Cindy Lange-Kubick of the Lincoln Journal Star which will focus on Wish Upon A Wedding, and run in the Sunday edition the day of the wedding, September 28th. I'll be sure to post a link as soon as I can, which probably won't be until the Monday after.

The sample demo our wedding planner put together 

We have the catering menu selected. The two main dishes will be Madeira Chicken (Pan seared chicken breast kissed with a shitake mushroom Madeira sauce) and Pork Loin Roulade (Apple, cranberry, sage stuffing, cider-juniper veloute). Jen is getting the chicken, and I'm eyeing that pork loin hungrily. The cake will be a single layer cake with cupcake tiers, with dove cake toppers and decorated with snowflakes. This is a nod to both our deities. Jen is a daughter of Loki, who, according to Norse mythology, is a Frost Giant. (No, that's not just a Marvel movie thing, and in the myths, he's Odin's oath brother, not Thor's adopted brother. Marvel takes a lot of creative liberties with the myths) And I follow Yeshua, hence the doves.

We have a great DJ who Jen is working with to create the soundtrack for the evening. Our song of choice for the first dance is a bit unusual, but the song fits us so well. "Here's To Us" by Halestorm.

Stuck it out this far together
Put our dreams through the shredder
Let’s toast cause things got better
and everything could change like that
And all these years go by so fast
But nothing lasts forever

Here's to us
Here's to love
All the times
That we messed up
Here's to you
Fill the glass
Cause the last few nights
Have kicked my ass
If they give you hell
Tell em to go fuck themselves
Here's to us
Here's to us

Like I said, it's not a traditional choice, but it suits us and our history. That's more important than picking out some overplayed pop or country song because it's "typical". This is our wedding, and we want it to reflect us.

To recap, if you want to be notified of updates to the blog and you're on facebook, you can Like the page Metathriving. I also have a Twitter, and I try to remember to link updates there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment