About Me

My photo
Diagnosed at 39 with Stage IV IDC breast cancer, grade 2, metastatic to the liver, and ER/PR+ and Her2-negative.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Getting closer to the big day

My tooth extraction yesterday went smoothly. The Tramadol I'm already on, coupled with Tylenol, is doing its job of keeping the post-op pain at bay. It's making me nod off quite a bit though. I normally only take Tramadol before bed to stave off arthritis pain in my lower back. I know it is arthritis and not bone mets because the arthritis was confirmed and diagnosed with X-rays a couple of years prior to the breast cancer diagnosis, and it hasn't changed or moved. The Tramadol also helps with joint pain brought on by the Femara.

It is now exactly 15 days before the wedding. The itinerary for the wedding day has been written up, a fine piece of time management by my wedding planner, Tina. She's following up on a few more things for me, and Jen needs to finish setting the reception music with the DJ, Scott. The cake, the catering, the flowers, the decorations, all that's finalized and will be ready to go. I'm super-grateful to all these people who are volunteering their time, energy, and resources to make this a special day.

The Best Maid, Sara, has put together gift bags for the wedding party. It was her idea. She suggested something, I brought up something else, and it snowballed into a project she's enjoyed doing. She's a rockstar. She's also putting together an in-case-of-anything emergency bag with the Matron of Honor, my BFF, Rebecca. Rebecca is also in charge with making any necessary phone calls on the wedding day and helping me transport people to and from the reception.

METAvivor Ribbon Charm
Sara made beaded necklaces with the Metavivor ribbon attached as a charm, and my bridesmaid, Micchi, made matching earrings to go with the necklaces. These are just some of the goodies included in the wedding party gift bags.

Speaking of gift bags, my mother is having fun planning and putting together snack lunch bags for everyone who'll be riding on the Jone-Z Party Bus from the reception hall parking lot, to the chapel, and back again, since there'll be a layover around lunchtime at the hair salon where the party's getting hair and makeup done. These bags will include a variety of treats, ranging from healthy (and low-carb) options to indulgent, and include a bottle of water and wet wipes for cleanup. She's also bringing up some local soda water from Texas, fifteen bottles in a cooler, for people who want something other than water to drink.

All this activity and the prospect of a lot of people is triggering Jen's anxiety disorder, so Sara and I, along with Jen's "sister", Kim, are plotting ways to keep the attention off her and keeping her from getting overstimulated and having a meltdown.  My own anxiety disorder is far more mild and tends to present itself when I don't have a lot going on to occupy my attention.

As far as the plans for Pinktober go, I've got almost all the days filled. I'm holding off on writing any more posts to see what my guest bloggers will produce, along with an interview from someone at Metavivor.  I think I have the hang of this queued posts thing figured out, and I'm looking forward to seeing these going live. I think it will be a good month for everyone reading. I'll have a new tag, Pinktober, for all the posts for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment