About Me

My photo
Diagnosed at 39 with Stage IV IDC breast cancer, grade 2, metastatic to the liver, and ER/PR+ and Her2-negative.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Progress Report 3/4/14

"I'm melting! I'm melting! Oh, what a world, what a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?"

If my tumor could talk, that's what it'd be saying.

My onc's progress report from last week is finally on my patient portal website, and I went from mass of 6cm and a significant swelling and thickness in my left armpit at diagnosis at the start of my DD Taxol Dec 10th, to this report on the 4th before my infusion that day:
"L breast was 6cm firm mass at 12-1 o'clock position this is now less defined ~ 2-3cm w/ overlying redness firmness extends into L axilla. L axilla mass now~ not present"

I have another CT Scan coming up at the end of the month to get a better picture and to also check up on my liver mets. (More of their demonberry juice, yum). The overlying redness is residual from when it exploded in a hissyfit after my first infusion and ruptured through the skin in two places. It's healed over now finally.

I'm also amused because in the psychiatry portion of the progress report, he describes me as "alert and oriented times three." I know what it means, but it just sounds amusing, like it goes hand in hand with his teasing me on how bubbly and on the ball I am at my appointments.

A friend commented to me about the Wizard of Oz reference on IRC:
Friend: ...now I'm almost disappointed that your tumor didn't have its own flying monkeys.
Me: That's what the mets is! "Fly! Fly, my pretties!" and off it went to my liver where it started making like it was the scarecrow, but in a surprising fanfiction plot twist, the monkeys got their asses kicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment