About Me

My photo
Diagnosed at 39 with Stage IV IDC breast cancer, grade 2, metastatic to the liver, and ER/PR+ and Her2-negative.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Songs for Funeral and Visitation

So actually my choices suck :D Never mind this post.

These are songs I'd like to have played at the funeral itself, and as a background songtrack at the visitation. The songs are in the best order for the funeral, but for the visitation soundtrack, I'm not sure on how they ought to be arranged, I'm going more by lyrical content and not sound. If the visitation window is longer than the length of the songs, plus the four for the funeral, then that's what looping things is for. Listing each song, with a short excerpt of lyrics.

Funeral: 

These Are the Days of Our Lives, Queen
Those were the days of our lives
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing is true
When I look and I find I still love you

When the Crowds are Gone, Savatage
So I plot and I plan, Hope and I scheme
To the lure of a night, Filled with unfinished dreams
I'm holding on tight, To a world gone astray
As they charge me for years, I can no longer pay

City of Hope, Stevie Nicks
The years don't really matter. It's just a matter of time.
Ooh, it's just a quality Of a few precious hours.
And the charmed one, No matter how bad it is,
Well, I've already lost One guiding light.

High Hopes, Pink Floyd
Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young,
In a world of magnets and miracles,
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary,
The ringing of the division bell had begun.


Visitation: 

Amazing Grace, The Maverick Choir (no lyrical excerpt - everyone knows this song, this particular cover, however, is upbeat and joyful.)

A Place in the Circle, Rich Follett
Oh, my friends, oh, my loved ones, I must leave you.
My time has run like water through a sieve.
Gentle souls, do not let my passing grieve you.
Better far to rejoice that I have lived.

I Will, Sowelu
If it's the overflowing tears, it's okay that they don't stop now
Light should be shining into the finale of the sadness
Time that passes by unhesitatingly and unhurriedly
I won't forget the pain that changes into kindness

Lost Heaven, L'Arc~en~Ciel
We’ll say goodbye, lost Heaven.
How we longed for Heaven.
We’re letting go of something we never had.
Time goes so fast, Heaven is lost.

I'll Meet You There, Whiteheart
Now we must say good-bye,
And find our road ahead.
Destiny leads us to a better place,
And I'll meet you there someday.

My Last Step Beyond, Edenbridge
The guardian angels they're calling my name
An astral dream in the sky?
They're dancing at the carnival of souls
They dance into the light into eternal light

Seasons of Love, RENT
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand journeys to plan
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure the life of a woman or a man?

I Grieve, Peter Gabriel
I grieve for you. You leave me.
So hard to move on, Still loving what's gone,
They say life carries on, Carries on, and on, and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment