About Me

My photo
Diagnosed at 39 with Stage IV IDC breast cancer, grade 2, metastatic to the liver, and ER/PR+ and Her2-negative.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Daily Living

There. Now that today's bit of morbidness is out of the way, time for something lighter. Thriving is not obsessing over dying, after all. (It is, however, geeking out over tunes, a couple of those songs which didn't seem to rhyme were actually just the English translation of the Japanese lyrics. Yes, I want anime music at my visitation. I'm too much a nerd not to have that.)

My parents are in town for a short visit, and they are too damned generous. Our bed broke a while back - the frame got pulled out of alignment and the box spring fell off and snapped. I was going to order a new bed off Overstock when my tax refund came in, but it was on sale at an even lower price than what it already was. (500 for a rather nice Serta mattress and box spring set, on sale for 400, and with free delivery that includes the delivery carrying the mattress up the stairs, taking our old one out, and setting up the new one for us.) So Mom ordered it for us, as a gift. A new comfortable bed to replace our 14 year old mattress. Hooray!

We went out yesterday to Cheddar's for a nice lunch and then hung out at their hotel for a little bit and exchanged presents. I got my mom a lovely spirit wings pink ribbon shirt, and my dad a Tough Guys Wear Pink shirt. Today, they picked us up and we went to Red Robin for lunch, and then over to GNS Vapor for me and Mom to get ourselves some more ecig juice. I had them whip me up a custom blend - chocolate and strawberries. It's delicious! Mom bought a bottle of my go-to favorite, Chocolate Candy Cane, for herself, and a new tank.

Then we hung out in the hotel a bit more today, and tomorrow I'm picking up Dad and we're going into Seward to get insurance for my car from a local company, switching away from Allstate. Suhr and Lichty are good, I've been told, and the rate they're quoting me is even better than what I'm paying Allstate right now, so that'll save me some money.

Dad gave me some more money, bless him, and I'm going to use some of that to apply to the Bryan School of Nursing. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment