About Me

My photo
Diagnosed at 39 with Stage IV IDC breast cancer, grade 2, metastatic to the liver, and ER/PR+ and Her2-negative.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

And even more teeth problems

Seriously. More teeth problems. I just had a molar in my lower right jaw removed due to an abscess on Friday. By Sunday a molar in my upper left that the dental bridge is attached to started hurting. I went into the dentist today and found out it's forming a abscess there too. Really? Really? Really?



That's me and my teeth. Seriously, e-fucking-nough. So now instead of just a follow-up on Friday, I get a follow-up and a consultation for another extraction. The dentist prescribed an antibiotic for the infection, and hopefully that will manage the pain until I can get this damn thing removed, which very likely won't be until after the wedding. Why this month of all months? This is ricockulous!

As it is, the prescription hasn't hit the pharmacy yet so we're still waiting on that, and it'll take a projected 36 hours before it starts working. 

In other news, I've discovered that there is currently no live-chat peer-led breast cancer support group that is accessible to the deaf or hard of hearing community. Every single one is telephone-based. Even the ones that allow for video still require a telephone connection. I've been talking with an administrator at the Young Survival Coalition about using the forum's chatroom for a deaf-accessible peer-led breast cancer support group at 7pm Central Time, the 4th Monday of every month.

I know I'm not the only deaf person with breast cancer out there, and there's a distinct lack of accessibility for the average deaf person. Hopefully I can help change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment