About Me

My photo
Diagnosed at 39 with Stage IV IDC breast cancer, grade 2, metastatic to the liver, and ER/PR+ and Her2-negative.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Busy!

Oh, man. Trying to pack and do chemo in the same week is exhausting. It's like this mountain of work, and I feel like I've only traveled a couple feet up, but damn, them's some hard feet. I did get some new things for the house (a socket adapter for the laundry room light bulb, a curtain rod for the bathroom, a box cutter, a couple ultra-absorbent dish mats, a new sheet/pillowcase set, some more water pitcher filters, dish soap, dishwasher soap, paper towels, plastic storage bins I can use for packing and later for storage, 9v batteries for the smoke detectors, and a new outlet surge protector for the bedroom since the one I have now is getting old and plugs are falling out.) and moved a few things from the apartment to there, mostly working on really fragile breakables that I don't want jostled around any more than absolutely necessary.

But that means numerous trips up and down 2 flights of stairs and that's steadily becoming more difficult. I can't be out of here fast enough at this rate.

I won't have to do the packing all by my lonesome - Mom's coming up from Texas to start helping on the 17th or thereabouts. I just have some stuff that I'd rather take care of myself before she gets here. And the place is so messy it's hard to know where to start with packing. I should clean up.

I need to get more things over there tomorrow, and I have all of next week to do that. But I can only do a little at a time, not the way I used to, so I won't be able to get as much done as I would have in the past, and that frustrates me. Especially because the biggest part slowing me down is navigating those stairs multiple times a day in the process. I am so done with those stairs. They weren't that much of a problem for me before chemo, even though I'd bitch and moan about them from time to time, but I could handle it. It's getting harder the more fatigued I become.

Jen's parents are giving us their old washer and dryer, along with their old fridge. So we'll have two fridges, one'll be kept in the garage for extra space so we can buy in bulk a bit easier. Not sure when we'll be getting those in, but that will also help, no more lugging loads of laundry up and down the stairs and trips to the laundromat.

Tomorrow, I suspect I'm going to feel even more like a giant, beat-up bruise than I normally do, and I'm still planning to try to make myself Do Things. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment