About Me

My photo
Diagnosed at 39 with Stage IV IDC breast cancer, grade 2, metastatic to the liver, and ER/PR+ and Her2-negative.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

*bell rings* Round Four!

I start Round 4 of Taxol today. I have 9 more infusions left to go counting the one I get today. (If I said 12 elsewhere, it's because I can't math). I'm going to push for surgery afterward, especially to have the tumor examined to make sure it's still ER/PR+ and Her2- before we begin hormonal therapy.

I'm also going to talk about NOT getting Tamofaxin, because I've read that it interacts poorly with Prozac, which I need to keep my brain from going loopy-depressed. I've battled chronic depression all my life.

Kohl's is still using the stupid Pink Elephant campaign despite now being fully aware they are co-opting METAvivor's campaign. We're still doing Occupy #TalkPink on twitter, and I'm trying to get some other #Talks off the ground, like #TalkMets, and #TalkBlue (for male BC) and #TalkIBC (for inflammatory breast cancer). It's slow, but it seems to be picking up.

Today's a busy day. I ended up with an extra Metastatic Navigator kit from YSC, and I'm meeting with my Nurse Navigator at the cancer center today to hand the extra one over to her to pass it on to someone else who could use it.

I also will probably find out if I'm getting a house. My parents are going in on renting a place with me, my partner, and our roommate so they have a place to stay with us when they visit instead of hotels and can help take care of things around the house if I need it. We found the absolutely most perfect place ever. Cross your fingers and say your prayers that we get this place. I will cry so hard if we don't. Please let something go right.

EDIT: WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

I'm lucky my parents are finally in a financial place in their lives to do this, and I'm doubly lucky that they accept the fact their only child is gay, and accept my partner as their own daughter. My partner's parents are pretty supportive too, although my MiL is still pretty resistant to it most of the time. She bounces back and forth. My FiL is awesome. We're damned lucky.

My partner, Jen, is slowly coming to terms with this. It scares and depresses her, and she's taking it harder overall than I am. I haven't shared this blog with her yet because I don't feel she's ready. It took me a while to get to a place where I felt ready to discuss my own mortality.

I love her dearly. She's my light and my always. We've been together seven years this January, and still going strong. The early years were the hardest, before we got a clear diagnosis for her own health problems and got her on medication which stabilized it. Her health problems fall under the medical end of psychological, along with severe anxiety disorder, so it doesn't help her in getting to where she can handle my diagnosis easily. She's getting there though, and I'm so proud of her. I'm so in love with her. I'm so lucky to have her in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment